July 2, 2010Del Sol Shirts & Shorts Get Muddy
June 28, 2010Six Months of Sunny Success
June 11, 2010Del Sol Wins Coveted Best of State Statue
May 21, 2010Del Sol Shines Atop Utah's Top 100 Private Companies
May 14, 2010Del Sol & Cariloha Win Best of State!
May 7, 2010Del Sol at Aruba Film Festival
April 26, 2010David B. Pedersen Foundation Awards 18 Scholarships
April 16, 2010Del Sol Opens in Durango, Colorado
April 9, 2010Del Sol Opens in Branson, Missouri
April 2, 2010Sunshine for the Polar Bears
March 26, 2010Del Sol Opens in Savannah, Georgia
March 19, 2010Del Sol Opens on the Island of Guam
February 20, 2010Del Sol Shines Brilliantly ‘Deep in the Heart’ of Texas
February 10, 2010Del Sol Service Project — Help for Haiti
January 22, 2010Del Sol Opens its First Utah Store in Sunny St. George
December 28, 2009Sticking it Where the Sun Shines, Down Under
December 15, 2009Del Sol – Out of Africa
December 5, 2009Bringing Sunshine to Zimbabwe Families
November 28, 2009First Del Sol Store in Central America Opens in Panama City, Panama
November 14, 2009Grand Cayman Celebrates the island’s Pirate Week with Swashbuckling Fun under the Sun!
October 23, 2009Santa Barbara's Little Helper
September 20, 2009Del Sol Sheds Sunlight on Emmy Spotlight
August 21, 2009Del Sol's Ink Catches Inc 500's Attention
August 10, 2009Teen Choice Awards
April 17, 200915 Years of Sunshine: 1994-2009
February 13, 2009Del Sol Donates to Cheerful Givers
December 16, 2008What Recession?
November 3, 2008Del Sol Opens First Cruise Ship Store
October 10, 2008Del Sol St. Lucia Product Donation to Salvation Army
September 2, 2008Congratulations Robinson Family!
July 16, 2008Del Sol Featured at ESPN's ESPY Awards
June 7, 2008Company Lagoon Day
May 30, 2008Contributions Bring Life to Foundation
May 12, 2008Del Sol Receives Top 100 Business Award
March 31, 2008Cruise like an Egyptian
March 19, 2008Del Sol Opens its Sixth Florida Store in Panama City Beach!
March 14, 2008March Magic Product Launch - Featuring the Sweet 16
February 25, 2008Rebuilding Costa Maya, Mexico's Cruise Ship Pier
January 25, 2008Entrepreneur of the Year Trophy
January 11, 2008Pedersen Worldwide Kickoff Meeting
January 9, 2008Largest Intern Graduation
December 28, 2007New Necklaces and Bracelets
November 20, 2007Second St. Maarten Store Opens
November 17, 2007Ernst & Young Recognition Event
October 12, 2007Best Practice Emails
September 28, 2007New Fairy Design Shirt
August 11, 2007Annual Del Sol Golf Classic
June 7, 2007Del Sol Wins Ernst & Young Award
Del Sol News
In The Media
Specialty Retail Report
Fun in the Sun!
Utah's Top 100 Private Companies
Have more Fun in the Sun!
Discover the Bright Side to Cruise-Port Shopping
Utah's Top 100 Private Companies
Chain Store Age
Retail Entrepreneurs of the Year
A Spirit of Success
Travel Markets Insider
Bringing Sunshine to Travel Retail
40 Under Forty
Salt Lake Magazine
Made in Utah
- Del Sol Press Release August 2009
- Best of Sandy Press Release July 2009
- Del Sol Cart Program Launch June 2009
- Million-Dollar 'Deal Or No Deal' Winner
- Del Sol Featured at ESPN's ESPY Awards
- Del Sol Receives Top 100 Business Award
- Del Sol Press Release 2007
- Del Sol Fact Sheet 2007
- Del Sol Release for Airport Revenue News 2006
- Del Sol Hyannis Press Release
- Cabo San Lucas Press Release 2004
- Del Sol Release for Insider
See our complete product line online. Product Line
Media Contact 800-884-5815 x125 email@example.com
June 28, 2010
Six Months of Sunny Success
The first six months of 2010 are filled with memories and milestones, and more are already on the horizon. These days, everyone asks us how business is going, and the following sunny successes speak for themselves:
New Store Locations
- 14 new Del Sol stores and carts opened, bringing the number of stores opened worldwide to date to 129.
- Del Sol stores can be found in 21 countries, and more international expansion continues.
- 4 new Cariloha stores opened in the following locations: St. Maarten, Aruba, Key West, and Ketchikan, Alaska, bringing the number of worldwide Cariloha stores opened to date to 7.
Product & Development
No one else in the world has mastered color-changing technology the way Del Sol has. Here’s what we’ve launched in the first six months. More is being developed and more is on the way.
Del Sol & Cariloha
- 18 new global shirt designs
- 4 new Soles flip-flop designs
- $500,000 investment in our product research & development
- New exclusive Gold Rush nail polish in Alaska
- New screen-printed hoodies – first-ever screen print option on a sweatshirt
- 9 new exclusive Del Sol Alaska shirt designs
- 11 new exclusive Cariloha Alaska shirt designs
- 2 new exclusive Cariloha Alaska hat designs
- New 2010 Promotions Catalog– introductions and training for dozens of promotional tools and strategies.
- Custom Totes– Over 75% of all Del Sol stores are now offering a custom tote bag -- some store’s average sales per tote have increased 300% because of the custom tote.
- Cariloha Drop Ship Sheet Promo– put into full force earlier this year, and it’s the first of its kind in the cruise industry. Cariloha sheet sales are off the charts.
Del Sol & Cariloha Accolades
- Utah’s Top 100 Private Companies– Del Sol ranked #30 on (Ranked in the Top 100 three years in a row.)
- Best of State Awards– Del Sol & Cariloha win for Production, Manufacturing, Merchandising and Consumer Services.
- Inc. 500/500– Del Sol is selected as one of the United State’s fastest growing companies.
- Best of State Statue– Del Sol wins prestigious Best of State Statue – only 10 businesses out of 200+ businesses were nominated to win this award statue.
- 82nd Academy Awards– Del Sol gave an Oscar-worthy performance, showing off its products to prominent celebrities and athletes at an Oscar pre-party show in Los Angeles, California.
- Aruba Film Festival– Del Sol showcased its tote bags and store to 300 A-list celebrities and guests at Aruba’s first international film festival, hosted by actor Richard Gere.
Corporate Contributions, Donations, Humanitarian Efforts
- Help for Haiti– Hundreds of books, blankets and products were donated to the Haiti Earthquake Relief Effort out of Utah.
- David B. Pedersen Foundation– 18 college scholarships were awarded through Del Sol President and CEO, Jeff Pedersen and family to Salt Lake City, Utah East High students.
- Science Fairs & Educational Efforts– Donated hundreds of products for sunscreen and sun awareness in science fairs, primary and secondary education.
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters & Tampa Mayor’s Youth Corps– Del Sol donated $3,500 between these two organizations and hosted a “Paint Your Nails Day” on their behalf in Florida.
- Ronald McDonald House Golf Tournament– For the past 8 years, Del Sol has donated 150 totes each summer to the Ronald McDonald House for their annual golf tournament fundraiser.
Worldwide Sales Successes - YTD
- Del Sol Naples is 129% of 2009
- Del Sol St. Maarten is 118% of 2009, and the new Cariloha St. Maarten store is currently averaging more than $2,000 per cruise ship visit.
- Cariloha St. Thomas is at 195% of 2009
- Del Sol Monterey is at 136% of 2009
- Del Sol Cozumel is at 140% of 2009
- Del Sol Cabo San Lucas is 167% of 2009
- Del Sol Puerto Vallarta is 187% of 2009
- Cariloha Cozumel is 218% of 2009
- Cariloha global cruise averages are up 63% YTD over same time period last year.
- Del Sol Kauai is 143% of 2009
- Del Sol Lake Geneva is 145% of 2009
- Del Sol Saugatuck is 133% of 2009
- Del Sol Mystic is 125% of 2009
- Del Sol Bar Harbor is 110% of 2009
- Del Sol Belize is 112% of 2009
- Del Sol Hilton Head is 114% of 2009
- Del Sol Myrtle Beach is 108% of 2009
- Del Sol Solvang is 110% of 2009
- Del Sol Madeira Beach is 105% of 2009
- Del Sol St. Thomas is 154% of 2009
- Del Sol Curacao is 189% of 2009
- Del Sol St. Lucia, with the addition of their new cart, has increased sales 15% over last year.
- Del Sol global ADPT (average dollar spent per transaction) is up by more than 7% compared to 2009 and is at the highest level that it’s been since 2007! Stores are doing an excellent job of up-selling and selling higher ticket items.
What to Expect in the Next 6 Months
- More Store Openings (Avila Beach, Nassau, Gettysburg, Miami, Europe, Canada, Etc.)
- More Products for Boys
- More Amazing T-Shirt Designs
- More Inventory Ordering Help & Improvements
- More Improvements in Custom Shirt Design Lead Times & Shirt Quantity Lead Times
- More Brand-Building Opportunities and Store Display Upgrades
Del Sol Headquarters
280 W 10200 S
Sandy, UT 84070
Contact Us >